Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS)
CDCS is designed by International Financial Services Association (IFAS) in consultation with industry experts, bankers, educationists and professionals to ensure professionals knowledge of all around information and regulations involved in Foreign Trade Operations.
This is one of the most comprehensive and detailed qualification available to professionals involved in international trading operations. This certification is specifically helpful for business managers who deals with Financial Institutions on daily basis and find difficulties in understanding and managing documentary credits, discrepant documents, negotiation and retirements.
This certification is specially designed to help foreign trade professionals, business managers and bankers to acquire first hand knowledge of regulations and procedures involved in operation of Documentary Credit. This certification attracts knowledge of Incoterms 2010, UCP 600, URR725, URC 525, ISP 98, ISBP 745, e UCP.g stakeholders expectations.
Student on successful completion of the course and passing the assessment can confidently appear in CDCS training exam conducted by IFAS.
- This unit introduces students to documentary credit transactions byfocusing on the types, products and processes used in transactions.
- It highlights the importance of rules, standards and guidelines fordocumentary credit transactions and the products available to assist these transactions.
- Students will gain an appreciation of the commonly used documents and trade terms.
- Students will gain an understanding of the roles, obligations and relationship between parties to documentary credits.
- Students will gain an understanding of the risks involved in documentary credit transactions and be able to manage those risks.
- Students will understand how the rules and guidelines can be breached and the implications of such breaches.
- Students will be able to manage documentary credit transactions and the relationship between parties using the transactions.
- Students will understand how to check the accuracy of documents to enable their correct usage in documentary credit transactions.
Course duration comprises of
- 50 Hour active class room training
- Case Studies
- 3 quiz
- Mock Assessment